Last updated – February 15, 2020
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at athenaworks.io (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or -our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at athenaworks.io
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the expressing an interest in obtaining information about us and services, when participating in activities on the (such as posting messages in our blogs), the subscription to our newsletters,
research participation or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and, the choices you make and the services and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
· Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
· Social Media information
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our athenaworks.io
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate athenaworks.io
This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of athenaworks.io, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information; marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings.
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations. In the case of research information, we only will share information as a segregate, but not unique information.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
· Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in
response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
· Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or act regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
· Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, survey collection, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on athenaworks.io, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the
popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
· Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit athenaworks.io. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
· Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions with your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
· Other Users. When you share personal information or otherwise interact with public areas of athenaworks.io, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the in perpetuity.
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in the United States of America. If you are accessing our website from outside, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?” above), in and other countries.
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our websites.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal
information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using athenaworks.io, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of athenaworks.io If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your information at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here:
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list — however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account.
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third
parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below. If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with athenaworks.io you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on athenaworks.io. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on athenaworks.io, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at email@example.com
If you have any further questions or comments about us or our policies, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org